Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Poetry Corner

So in the junior high third grade (9th grade) textbook, there is an assignment to write a poem. The structure of the poem is similar to the type of poem I wrote long ago in elementary school and goes like this: one word topic, two words that add to it, three words of description, four words of feeling, and one word of summary. So my example would go something like this:

Penguins
Flightless birds
Black and white
Flying in the sea
Adorable

So now, please sit back and enjoy the poetic musings of my students. I’ve left the mistakes they made because some of their made up words and Engrish are pretty awesome. Tell me your favorites!

Sea
It’s beautiful
Many living thing
Many life live in
Place

Goldfish
Glass bowl
Transparent beautiful water
It is comfortably swimming
Pretty

Sky
Very beautiful
Many faces carry
It’s not clors express
Wonderful

Sky
Very large
Sunny rain cloudy
It show many faces
Wonderful

In summer
The Milky Way
We have many wishes
Night

Night
Quiet night
Dark and cold
The stars are twinkling
Sleep

Sky
Blue canvas
A white cloud
Look up the sky
Beautiful

Sky
Very big
Many the weather
Sunny rain snow cloudy
Wonderful

Tree
Tall tree
Cherry cedar bamboo
Tree make oxygen
Thank

Giants
Baseball team
Strongest of all
I like very much
Love

Snowman
White man
Cold, big, cool
Snowman is gone away
Sad

Sunset
Beautiful scenery
Sky turns red
Sky is very shy
Fascinated

Soccer
World cup
Honda Endo Turio
They are very great
Fun

Home
My family
Parents sister grandmother
My family very gentle
Calm

Rain
Sad faces
Colding paining trifling
Time passes so long
Bad

Milk
Very nice
Hot tepid cold
Height is very high
Good

Vegetable
Grow vegetable
Green yellow red
What do you like?
Carrot

Sea
Calm wave
I like sea
The sea is calm
Beautiful

Photochemical smog
Dirty sky
Stinking smoking darking
The sky is dangerousing
Help

Sky
Sky blue
Birds are flying
The sky looks threatening
Help

Monster
Very big
It very fear
I feel like crying
Help

Pudding
What’s this?
Sweet bitter smooth
Keep on loving pudding
Happy

Curry
When eat?
Breakfast Lunch Supper
It’s cheer the source
Fine

Moon
Half full
A crescent
They are different in
Beautiful

Music
Very fun
I love music
Music makes me happy
Sweet

iPod
It’s handy
I love it
Can’t live without iPod
Wonderful

Dreadful
It’s natto
Smell, bad, dirty
Isn’t good to eat
Unreasonable

4 comments:

  1. Some of them seem to have some real thought put behind them. Others...they gave it a good shot, right? Eh, anyway, my favorite is the one about sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last two! Especially the natto one! That really sums up my feelings about natto. Seems like alot of your students wrote about the sky too. That's kind of interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one about Photochemical smog. I'm guessing that student was having a bad day or something. I remember writing one about rainbows in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete


  4. شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة شركة تنظيف بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
    ارخص شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة ارخص شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
    شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
    وايت شفط مجارى بالدمام وايت شفط مجارى بالدمام
    شركة جلى رخام بالرياض شركة جلى رخام بالرياض

    ReplyDelete