Wednesday, June 9, 2010

And now for something completely different....

So I was in Kumamoto City for my friend's Bachelorette Party and we were walking to a convenience store at around 11:15.  Suddenly we heard this dull roar.  We came around the corner and saw this.


So of course I yanked out my camera to capture the moment, because, you know, no one was going to believe it otherwise.  I wasn't even sure I believed it.  They were all chanting some generic cheer thing.  And you know, wearing only loincloths.


As you can see they were all rather keen on having their pictures taken, hamming it up for the camera.


They just keep coming... There were probably like 75 guys or so in all.


This became extra funny the following day when I was explaining to someone why I was in the City.  When I told them it was a Bachelorette Party they jokingly asked if we had any male strippers.  I started to say no, but then remembered these guys.  The timing really could not have been better. 

I still have no idea what this was all about, but it makes for a great memory.

1 comment:

  1. I like all the different ways they are wearing the loin cloths, you can tell the modest ones from the not so :P

    @--->---

    ReplyDelete