Monday, March 1, 2010

In case anyone was worried...

I have not been washed away by a tsunami. 

We apparently got some tiny swells, but I didn't even notice the difference.  The ferries were still running and things seemed pretty normal.  But I know some people hear "Japan" and "danger" and worry about me, so I figured it might be comforting for anyone who was worried to see this.

Even if something did hit my island, I (and most everyone else on the island) live on the side of the island that faces all the other islands.  To my knowledge there isn't much of anything on the side that faces out toward open water.  I imagine that this was done by design. 

But all of this did remind me of something rather amusing, so here it is for your amusement.



Here is the description from youtube:

"This is a clip from 'Troop of One Hundred', taken from a Japanese comedy/prank show, where 100 people chase after random strangers and you see their reactions. Totally harmless but their reactions are priceless.

For a translation of what they're shouting (thanks Digg):

- For the 1st and 2nd guys, they shout: "There's a tsunami!!" (tsunami da!)
- For the 3rd guy they shout: "That's the guy!!" (koitsu da!)
- Nothing for the 4th guy
- Last scene: "Watch out!! (danger)" (abunai!) "

Thanks to Leslie for showing me this forever ago.  It still brings me joy.

2 comments: